Home Almost Human Sinister Six Tease, Lots of New Shows Ordered As Fox Cancels Another

Sinister Six Tease, Lots of New Shows Ordered As Fox Cancels Another

Here’s our roundup of the latest news from the world of TV and film:

Sinister Six Tease In US Amazing Spider Man 2 Release

We all know Marvel like to hide things in the closing credit sequences of their films, but this is taking things to a whole new level.  Bu using Shazam on the song that plays at the end of the film, people in the US can unlock some bonus material on their mobile devices that teases Drew Goddard’s Sinister Six film, and its rogues gallery of villains.  We won’t spoil what it teases, but for those of you who are unable to make it to the film in the States, you can just Shazam the music video below to get the content.  Try it out and let us know what you think…

Fox Cancels Almost Human

Fox has announced it has cancelled Almost Human after just 13 episodes.  The show, which premiered earlier in the year, started off well but soon dropped to some average ratings.  However, with the likes of Gotham waiting in the wings to make to Fox’s TV schedule next year, those of us who enjoy a bit of cult TV shouldn’t be too disappointed.  Sad that Almost Human has been cancelled after one season?  Let us know in the comments below.

Syfy To Announce New Shows At Its Upfronts

Syfy is believed to be announcing a raft of new shows at its Upfronts presentation later today.  They include:

Clone from The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman.  Based on the bestselling graphic novel, it follows a retired soldier, Luke Taylor, who discovers a man who burglarized him home is a clone of himself. He is drawn into a vast government conspiracy when his wife is kidnapped, and must use his combat skills and military contacts to uncover a secret biotech program.

Ronin, which takes place eight centuries after a Japanese Ronin samurai failed to protect his master from a demon. He awakens in a futuristic, nihilistic New York in the body of Billy, a medical experiment. Now Billy/Ronin is chasing the demon, which has reawakened. Both parties want control of a sword with magical properties and will stop at nothing to get it back.

Letter 44 which revolves around Stephen Blades, the new president of the U.S. who learns, via a letter from his predecessor, that seven years earlier, NASA discovered an alien construction project in the asteroid belt. A crew of heroic astronauts was sent to investigate and they’re nearing the conclusion of their epic journey.

Killjoys which follows a fun-loving, hard living trio of interplanetary bounty hunters sworn to remain impartial as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant system on the brink of a bloody, multiplanetary class war.

Patrick Stewart Joins Starz Comedy

Sticking with new shows and Patrick Stewart has signed up to Starz’s Blunt Talk, a comedy that follows Stewart’s borderline-alcoholic Walter Blunt as he conducts a nightly interview show and makes well-intentioned-yet-poor decisions regarding his network bosses, dysfunctional staff, ex-wives and children.  The show has already received a two season 20 episode pickup and is due to premiere next year.

The Leftovers Trailer Released

HBO has finally released a full-blown trailer for its new show The Leftovers, which now premieres Sunday 29th June at 10pm.  Set shortly after 2% of the world’s population suddenly disappears, the show follows police  the other 98 percent of the population that is left behind.  Check it out below and let us know what you think.


  1. Well, with Almost Human cancelled, that leaves me with no reason to bother watching Fox now. Thanks for nothing…literally.

Leave a Reply